Monday, October 27, 2008

Look at me. Look at me.

It really has been quite sometime since I last posted anything in this blog. Some people might have thought that I'd quietly put it to sleep. Others may even have thought that I myself had passed on. In actual fact, neither my blog or I are dead. Whilst I haven't actually published anything in an age, I have done the odd bit of writing. So now, after more than a year, I'm publishing what would have been my posts from the last few months (if only I'd got around to actually sticking them on my blog). I hope you enjoy it. It's not all fun and games, unfortunately, in fact some if it's downright depressing, but as such, I think it's a reasonably accurate representation of my life, such as it is.

Please do feel free to comment. Regardless of what your mother might have told you, even if you don't have anything nice to say, I'd still like to hear from you. Do try to be constructive with your criticism though. If my self esteem does have to take a bruising I would at least like it to benefit my writing in some way.

Oh, by the way, I'm thinking of adding a few appendices to my blogs for reviews of Technology, gadgetry, games, pubs,films books, music, and whatever other subjects about which I feel moved to write. I can't guarantee they'll be coming soon, but when they do appear I'll be sure to include appropriate links on this very blog. I may even allow these sections to be open to other contributors who will, no doubt, have a wider knowledge of things. It would, after all, be a shame to have the reviews section shackled by the constrains of my ever diminishing budget.

All that remains for me to do is to thank you, gentle reader, for putting up with my continued absence from webloggery. I can't promise I'll write more, but I shall certainly try and, after all, that's as much anybody can ask of a person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back! What sort of writing have you been doing?

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back!

DoubleDown said...

I had a quick go at a novel/short story/whatever it turned out to be before I got bored. As you can see, my main problem is my lack of focus. Hopefully I'll work it all out soon.