Monday, July 11, 2005

London


By now I imagine that everybody must have heard about the bombs that went off across London. To be honest I don’t give a shit about the "cause" that people think that they are furthering by murdering innocent people. What the fuck do the evil bastards think that they can achieve with such a cold, calculated slaughter of innocent people of all races and religions? There can be no justification for such wanton disregard for life. If there is a hell I hope deepest darkest level has a spot reserved for those who would perpetrate such foul crimes upon their fellow man.

It makes no real sense. At this moment it looks likely that these heinous crimes were perpetrated by a group affiliated with Al-Qaeda. I sincerely hope that this doesn't lead to attacks on Muslims and Muslim institutions. Islam is one of the most tolerant religions out there. Anybody who claims that by killing innocents they are doing the work of God or Allah is severely misguided. People don't do these things for a belief in the precepts of a religion that teaches us to love and care for or fellow man. People do these things because of hate.

There can be no justification for violence towards the innocent.

One of the things that makes London such a great city is its diverse mix of cultures, races and religions. Each group has been equally wounded by this attack.

I didn’t let any of these bastards stop me from going out for out for a few drinks in Central London this weekend. I won't let any bastard stop me from doing the things that I enjoy. And I advise any Londoner to do the same. Carry on regardless. Let them know that whatever they do, they won't break us, they won't stop us from going about our lives. Fuck the bastards.

No comments: