Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's just after one o'clock, and I'm a little nervous. It's actually kind of unusual that I'm even up right now, but I had to take my car to be MOT'ed and serviced (I'm hoping it's not going to cost too much; my bank reserves are running a little low) at 8am, and since I actually, quite unusually, managed to get to sleep before 1.30am the previous night, I didn't really feel a need to go back to bed.

Anyway, I'm nervous. Yesterday, at around 12pm, I sent an email to this girl to make arrangements to meet tomorrow. As of this moment, I'm yet to receive a response. Of course, that could be for a number of reasons not the least of which could be the continual email failures I've been experiencing from Friday onwards. Typical, I try to make arrangements via email, something I rarely ever do, and it chooses to break down on me. So, she may have replied, but I just haven't received it. She may also not have actually picked up her email yet (apparently she can only grab her emails at lunch time, and there's limited access to the computers).

Of course, as I write this, I've just received an answer to my text (I sent one this morning, just in case my email didn't get to her at all). I'm meeting up with her after all. Panic over. Crisis averted.

I really must have more faith in myself.

Actually, I thought I'd most likely get a response between 1 and 2. If she hadn't seen the email yesterday, she could check for it at lunch time today (which I felt pretty sure she'd do before replying).

Now I have butterflies in my stomach. It has, after all, been quite some while since I've on a popper date.

And now she called. Wow, it really is all go here today.

I really do like her, so I hope things work out. That's all I'm going to say about it for now.

No comments: