Monday, March 09, 2009

Isn't Technology Marvelous

Thank Christ for Sky Plus

My mood has been lifted by the opportunity afforded the little hard drive under my telly. I've just watched QI(technically QI XL, the extended edition) and, throughout the show I was in stitches. I'm rather a fan of the show anyway, but this particular edition focused on film, a subject with which I'm particularly enamoured.

Obviously, what with the show being staffed by superb brainboxes (and Alan Davies) it initially gave me something of an inferiority complex, but I soon got over that.

It's also reminded me of something said about mental health issues. He once remarked that manic depression was the best sort of depression to have because, whilst you were crippled by the lows, you were more than adequately compensated by the manic highs, enabling the sufferer to indulge in all sorts of creative flights of fantasy. It's a shame then, that I suffer only from the common, garden variety of depression which puts me in a mindset where I'm completely unable to get on with anything at all. Oh, if only I were bi-polar.

Of course, I could have just as easily used iPlayer, but my point would be much the same; technology is fantastic.

No comments: